Patients who struggle to comply with CPAP therapy, may find Zzoma a more comfortable alternative therapy to treating mild to moderate obstructive sleep apnea (OSA).
Clinical studies have shown that, in patient with mild to moderate OSA, the Zzoma was equivalent to CPAP therapy at normalising their disrupted breathing to less than 5 events an hour (Apnea Hypopnea Index <5). It was found to be similar to CPAP therapy in regards to effects on sleep quality and blood oxygen levels during sleep (nocturnal oxygenation).1
- The only American Federal Drug Administration (FDA) cleared Class II medical positional device for the treatment of mild to moderate positional obstructive sleep apnea
- Designed by a sleep physician
- Should be worn around upper torso/chest area
- Size: 30.5cm x 14cm x 10cm
- Effective wedge shape design: embeds into mattress
- Adjustable Velcro - One size fits most
- Side elastics for comfortable breathing
- Semi-rigid foam: sturdy but comfortable
- PVC dots for grip surface
- Can be easily cleaned
References: 1.Permut I, Diaz-Abad M, Chatila W, Crocetti J, Gaughan JP, D'Alonzo GE, Krachman SL. Comparison of positional therapy to CPAP in patients with positional obstructive sleep apnea. J Clin Sleep Med 2010;6(3):238-243.